liluga - love isn't love until given away

"Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all." 1 John 5:3 NLT

Friday, June 24, 2011

TRAVELLING LILUGA'S



One of my favorite web sites is Etsy.com.  It is a virtual web store for artists to sell their handmade goods.  I find lots of inspiration when I go on there.  I happened to be looking at the different types of plushies other people are making.  I stumbled upon one store that sold miniature owls that fit in the palm of your hand.  Then I stumbled upon a store that sold little embroidered pillow key chains.  Both so cute!  It gave me an idea; why not make a mini-liluga key chain?

I sat down at my sewing machine and made my first one.  I loved it and attached it to my key chain.  I made another and took it with me to show my friends at Bible study the next morning.  Although they liked my bigger liluga’s, I was surprised by the excited reaction I got from them.  They loved it and all wanted one!   I gave my extra one to my friend Karen with the promise to make the others one also.

My brain is thinking; why not go with the mini-liluga’s?  There cuter, quicker to make, and fun to carry around with you.  Travelling love! 

To date, I have made 38 liluga’s.  Most I have given away, some I have sold.  I continue to pray and ask God who He thinks I should give them to.  Several people that I have given them to have told me that they keep them in a spot where they can see them every day and be reminded that they are loved.  It brings a smile to their face.  God has blessed me to be a blessing to others. 

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.”  Matthew 5:6


No comments:

Post a Comment