liluga - love isn't love until given away

"Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all." 1 John 5:3 NLT

Friday, May 31, 2013

Imagine

Imagine
 
Imagine a world where EVERYONE obeyed the teachings in the Bible, especially the teachings of Christ. That every thought and action would be lined up against the word.

Oh, that would be heaven.

I’ve always thought that if we all behaved biblically, we wouldn’t have all the problems we have in this world. The problem, even Christians don’t want to behave Biblically. How about behaving Biblically without acknowledging where our teaching comes from?

A while back, while my brother was going through some marital problems, I gave him some sound advice, straight from the Bible. Being that he is not a Christian, I did not tell him where the advice came from. When we were done talking, he said “that’s the best advice I’ve heard of yet, where did you learn that from?” I told him it was all taught in the Bible.

It is the best advice out there. Why don’t more people follow it? Good question.

6 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my favorite Gandhi quote, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

    I like the idea of living as Christ taught us, and sharing that, and using the goodness of that to teach others about it. By their fruits ye shall know them, right?

    Happy Five Minute Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put - must be that sin nature of humanity that makes it so hard - practically impossible- to truly live this way all the time. Besides if this world was exactly like heave why would we strive to get there?

    This is a great five minute post - thanks for sharing it!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I have a hard time with this one. Yes, I think we should all live as Christ loved us. Without reserve. But I struggle with a lot of the Church's teachings. Especially when I watch my daughter, or other children, struggle.

    However I like that you gave your brother peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment and for being honest.
    My children (ages 13-19) struggle with what the church teaches also, but I believe that God's word is still the ultimate truth. Churches mess this up sometimes.

    ReplyDelete