liluga - love isn't love until given away

"Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all." 1 John 5:3 NLT

Friday, April 25, 2014

Five Minute Friday: FRIEND

Sharon and I

Friends in my life have come and gone. I have had great friends in each season of life. But sadly, I do not do a good job of staying close to friends once the season changes. It's not a bad thing, it just happens. We move to a new town, the friends from my old town fade over the years. 

I'd like to say that with cell phones and the internet I am able to keep in touch with everyone, near or far. But it just doesn't happen for me.

I have a handful of what I consider close friends, the kind I can call at any time and the ones who know me well. One is from college (my friend of 20+ years) and several are "mom" friends I've met over the years of raising my kids. They are great friends and I am blessed by each of them. 


Five Minute Friday


3 comments:

  1. I totally get this. I don't have one or two friends that have followed with me my whole life. My hubby has and I think it's pretty cool. But, like you, I have had many seasonal friends and I have enjoyed my time with each of them. Loved this post! Here from FMF. http://maryhess.com/five-minute-friday-friend-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    I'm glad I'm not the only one without life-long friends, but God is good and I always have awesome friends around me.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we make too much of friendships in the past instead of focusing on the relationships around us. Enjoyed this perspective today! Linking up from FMF

    ReplyDelete