liluga - love isn't love until given away

"Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all." 1 John 5:3 NLT

Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Christmas Photo



I did it. I got a picture together of the whole family. 

Every year I dream of planning a day where we can all get dressed up and take a professional looking family photo to send out in our Christmas cards. Often, we will take a picture on Thanksgiving to use for our cards, which usually turns out just fine. But, this year, my three kids were with their dad on Thanksgiving, so we did not have a photo opportunity. The thought of rounding all five of them up for a picture was a little unrealistic. With work schedules and a daughter away at college, I didn't see it happening.

So, I got the idea to do a collage with individual pictures of them through out the year (I was originally thinking of a Brady Bunch square, but then nixed the idea). I think I spent more time finding a photo of each of them, cropping them, and then putting them in a collage than I would have if I would have planned a family photo shoot. Oh well.

Hardly professional, but it shows the real us (I wouldn't want to give anyone the illusion of a perfect family!).

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6
 





No comments:

Post a Comment