liluga - love isn't love until given away

"Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all." 1 John 5:3 NLT

Friday, May 13, 2011

Praise Him

A midnight view from my balcony

Last night, after lying in bed for a couple sleepless hours, I got up and sat out on our balcony.   I love being out on the balcony, it’s upstairs off of our bedroom and surrounded by trees.  It is a secluded place to retreat to, a little slice of heaven here on earth.  If we ever have to move, it is what I would miss most.
For several nights now, I can’t fall asleep.  It has been hot and humid and I don’t sleep as well if I’m not bundled under several layers of blankets.  So, at about midnight I went and sat outside and just looked up at the trees, the stars and the moon.  It was so peaceful .
Sitting there, taking in the beauty of the night, I thought I would try and capture the image on film (I still say film, even though I have advanced to a digital camera). 
“Praise the Lord, O heavens, Praise Him from the skies!
Praise Him, all his angels, all the armies of heaven.
Praise Him, sun and moon, and all you twinkling stars.
Praise Him, skies above.
Praise Him, vapors high above the clouds.”
Psalm 148:1-6 (The Living Bible)

Being outside, with a slight breeze blowing, makes me think of the Holy Spirit.  I don’t see the Holy Spirit with my eyes, but I feel him moving all the time.  It reminds me of one of my favorite verses:

“The wind blows wherever it pleases. You can hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.  So it is with everyone born of the Spirit”.
John 3:8 (NIV)

It gives me great peace to know that I don’t always have to know what tomorrow will bring, I just have to trust the Holy Spirit to guide me where I need to be.  And knowing that the wind changes direction often, I find my life changing direction often also.  I can plan, but I never really know.  I am excited to see where my liluga’s take me.  They are a joy to make and a joy to give away, and I pray the Holy Spirit takes me where I need to go with them.  I will enjoy the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment