liluga - love isn't love until given away

"Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all." 1 John 5:3 NLT

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ruby


Meet Ruby, a liluga key chain whose name means “red gemstone”.    I struggled a little with finding a name for her.   I thought about the verse in the Bible about a wife being more precious than rubies, and then it then hit me, she looks like a Ruby.

Ruby is made from a wool sweater that a friend of mine gave to my daughter.  When she received it, my thought was “that would make a great liluga!”  Several months, and a few washings later, my daughter gave it to me and said it was too tight for her. I told her I was sorry that it didn’t fit her anymore (NOT). 

Sometimes the opposite is true.  I have a friend who has given me several old sweaters to use to make liluga’s, plus I shop garage sales and resale shops for them.  Although my intent is to sew with them, I have pulled a few aside and put them in my closet to wear.  Can you blame me?  The winters are very cold here.

Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.  Proverbs 31:10 KJV

What does it mean to have virtue?  The Webster’s New World dictionary defines virtue as “general moral excellence; right action and thinking; goodness or morality.” 

I pray that Ruby will always be a gentle reminder to her future owner to live a virtuous life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment