liluga - love isn't love until given away

"Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all." 1 John 5:3 NLT

Friday, January 13, 2012

Winters Here!

Bookmarks @ sewjamie.etsy.com


We finally got hit by winter yesterday.  It is now a winter wonderland outside, pretty to look at, but not fun to be out in!

My favorite thing to do on a cold winter day is to cuddle up with a good book and a good cup of coffee (very important!).  

I am currently reading three books, one on writing - "If You Want to Write" by Brenda Ueland.  I am absolutely loving this book so far.  It was originally written in 1938 and revised in 1987.  The author has a way of talking to the reader that makes me picture her as "granny" from The Beverly Hillbillies in my mind.  She says it like it is, but here perspective on writing is excellent.

Another is a novel I just started, "The Shack"  by William P. Young.  I have heard so much about this book in recent years and have finally gotten around to reading it.  So far, very good, but sad and tragic.  

Third, I am reading my Bible, but not for mass reading.  I am trying to focus more on smaller chunks of scripture and then meditating on it and writing about it.  Yesterday I read Job 40: 1-2 "Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? Or will you yield?  Do you - God's critic - have the answers?"  That gives me a lot to think about.  I know I do not have all the answers, even though sometimes I think I do!

I am also working on building up my etsy store (www.sewjamie.etsy.com), come visit me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment