liluga - love isn't love until given away

"Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all." 1 John 5:3 NLT

Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Day


I just took the dog for a walk and snapped this picture of my street. Today the sky is overcast and everything looks a little gloomy; perhaps tomorrow the sun will be shining. Thankfully, each day is new and different.

"Great is his faithfulness, his loving kindness begins afresh each day." Lamentations 3:23 (The Living Bible)

As I begin not only a new day, but a new year, I need to remind myself of the truth that this verse speaks.   When we humble ourselves before the Lord and seek him daily, it doesn't matter what happened yesterday or any other day in the past. Each new day is a fresh new start with God. His mercies are NEW each day, and he is faithful to forgive us of all our mistakes and failures. What a wonderful way to start a new year!




No comments:

Post a Comment