liluga - love isn't love until given away

"Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all." 1 John 5:3 NLT

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Be Calm




“Be calm, no matter what befall you. Rest in Me. Be patient, and let patience have her perfect work. Never think things overwhelming. How can you be overwhelmed when I am with you?

“Do not feel the strain of life. There is no strain for My children. Do you not see I am a Master Instrument-maker? Have I not fashioned each part? Do I not know just what it can bear without a strain? Would I, the Maker of so delicate an instrument, ask of it anything that could destroy or strain?

“No! The strain is only when you are serving another master, the world, fame, the good opinion of men - or carrying two days burden on the one day.

“Remember that it must not be.”

This was yesterdays devotion from the book “God Calling” by A.J. Russell. 

I woke up this morning feeling very overwhelmed by all that I think I need to accomplish to make my life easier. Easier financially, emotionally and relation-ally. Do you know what? The worry of it all has not made my life any easier, only harder, especially on myself. It’s hard to accomplish anything when you are feeling overwhelmed and anxious.

The truth is, who am I serving? A quick look at my life and it would appear I am serving the world and man.  And not just carrying two days burden, I feel like I am carrying all of 2013 (and then some) in just one day.

Deep in my heart, I want to serve only God, but it’s hard to not feel overwhelmed by life and its challenges. Therefore, I have to make a choice, daily, that  no matter what today or any day brings, I will trust Him, rest in Him and wait patiently on Him.  Praise God that we have this choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment